Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What A Weekend

Joanie "is to tired to function today." That's all I could manage to get my facebook status to read today. Packing is a lot of work. I am so attached to everything in my apartment that I NEVER ever want to give things up and that is just batty. I grew up knowing that money doesnt grow on trees so anything that I have purchased I feel is really important since money was spent on it my hubby is showing me that its ok to let go of the ripped jeans that I havent worn in 2 years or the pencil box from 1st grade since its cracked in like 4 places.

I guess its more emotional attachment then anything so I made a pact with hubs I would only allow myself 2 boxes for clothes and 1 box for misc personal stuff. (i dont have a hope chest or anything so this is like that) whatever doesnt fit into those boxes I will sell at our garage sale. Part of me was fine with this thinking that if it doesnt sell I can always just bring it back home and pack it up and take it to VA but my smart hubs thought of that two . He also made me promise that if it doesnt sell at the garage sale then we had to donate it. YIKES. So wow I really have to give up this stuff for good? This is going to be hard. I can do it though.

To ensure that I dont keep anything extra that will just collect dust I have been taking all garage sale items to my grandmas where the sell will be so its out of sight and out of mind. I hope with everything else going on I will forget about these things. Who knew packing up your entire life into boxes could be so hard. As I have said before Ive never been far from home so I think really this is just that manifesting itself. This weekend I have my last girls night planed before we move. We are also having a bbq with all out close friends. It will be bitter sweet for sure.

I cannot beleive we are 18 days from the biggest move of my life.

1 comment:

Shelly Meron said...

When my parents were in their early 40's, they packed up four suitcases and a few boxes to ship to the United States, and moved across the world. They built a whole new life, with new stuff. They made it ok :) I've thought about that every time I've moved and had to give up a few things... It's always given me some good perspective.